2016 Proposed Bond Initiative
More than 20 parents, representing 14 schools, gathered at the SVVSD Board of Education meeting tonight.
- These parents have students attending schools where growth is causing crowded classrooms and they would like to see additional instructional space provided.
- These parents have students attending schools where they feel maintenance is not only needed, but the responsible thing to do to avoid more expensive repairs later.
- These parents feel that enhanced safety and security is a high priority for their students to have an optimal learning environment.
These parents know this because they are involved in their children’s education and tonight they let the BOE hear their voice. They shared their concerns and their support for the BOE to place a bond initiative on the November ballot.
In total, there were 14 resolutions submitted – each indicating areas of concern and commitment to support an initiative to address their concerns.
Sample resolutions are available on our “Posts” tab.
Our vision is a St. Vrain Valley community that is informed about education funding in Colorado and empowered to take action for the benefit of our schools.
- To communicate current facts about education funding in Colorado
- To promote informed decision-making on both state and local school finance issues
- To provide opportunities for participation in education funding decisions
…that impact the school communities of the St. Vrain Valley
Integrity: With honesty and integrity, we will respectfully engage with our community to consistently provide accurate information regarding SVVSD and Colorado education funding.
Leadership: As learners, we will lead by example, seeking out new information with courage and conviction.
Passion: We are committed to pursuing solutions to SVVSD and Colorado’s education funding challenges and will continue to encourage our peers to bring their passion for education to the discussion.
Humility: We will be accessible to our community and listen with open minds, adapting to new ideas, always keeping the greater good in focus.