The Grassroots St. Vrain Leadership Team joins the Great Futures Colorado Coalition.
Great Futures Colorado is a coalition of community organizations that educates about and advocates for implementation of, and adequate funding for, an education system that will prepare all children for the challenges of the 21st century – as outlined in the “core principles” of the Campaign’s “Great Futures Membership Statement.” Great Futures provides member organizations with educational tools and opportunities for united action toward our shared vision.
Our Core Principles:
- Public education is the bedrock of our democracy, fundamental to individual opportunity, and the key to Colorado’s economic recovery, prosperity and future.
- Colorado must provide its students with a public education system – preschool through college – that enables every child to learn to high standards, to become well-rounded, life-long learners, and to compete successfully in the 21st century global economy.
- Colorado’s public education system must both demand accountability from educators, parents, students and policymakers and provide them with the support and resources necessary for students to be successful.
- Colorado needs a public education system that has adequate funding – fairly raised and equitably distributed – to provide quality teaching and appropriate educational opportunities for every student and to make student-centered, evidence-based, sustainable education reform possible.
- For those who care about Colorado’s current and future students, inaction is no longer an option.