Ballots will be mailed today. 2011 is expected to be a low voter turnout year – Prop 103 can pass only if all education stakeholders vote for it.
A few reminders why we encourage you to support Prop 103:
- It will prevent a fourth year of cuts to schools and allow Colorado to start reinvesting in education.
- 100% of additional revenue will go toward public schools and colleges.
- It will prevent exploding class sizes, eliminating teachers, reducing instruction time and cutting programs.
- It is a re-set to 1999 tax rates – Colorado has proven these are NOT job-killing tax levels.
- Projected cost for a family earning $100K = $5.42 per week.
28 schools districts across Colorado are putting local mill levy increases on the ballot Nov. 1. Will voters approve local and state funding efforts? We don’t know. But we do know Colorado ranks 45th in total spending compared to other states – 48th in funding for higher education and 48th in K-12 spending as a percentage of income. We can do better.