Great news! 18,500 postcards are out in the community being completed by our incredible volunteers. Now it is time to get ready for Canvassing / Yard Sign Saturday. This event is vital to get the word out to the 70% of our voters who do not have children in school. Bring a friend and a cup of coffee and be part of this exciting event.
Canvassing / Walk & Drop / Yard Sign Saturday (4 hours): Join teachers, business owners, parents, administrators, and community members to distribute door hangers and yard signs across the district. Whether you are comfortable knocking on doors or just distributing flyers, join us for this important event organized by the St. Vrain Valley Education Association.
- Saturday September 29: Kick off @ 9:00 am. Packets will be available until 11:00 am or while they last – first come first serve!
- If you don’t have a partner, we’ll find one for you. You don’t have to walk alone.
- Meet at 255 Weaver Park Road in Longmont
- From Main Street, go east on 3rd Ave to Alpine
- South on Alpine to Weaver Park Road
- West (right) onto Weaver Park Road
- Located behind Longmont Ford
- Yard signs available at canvassing kick off!!
- If you have never participated in a canvassing effort before, consider this illustration (circulating the Internet):
Early Yard Sign Pickup: If you would like to pick up a yard sign before September 29th, there is a limited supply available at Abbondanza’s Pizzeria at 461 Main Street in Longmont. After the Canvassing event on the 29th, any extra signs will be available at distribution points across the district. Neighborhood locations for these pick up points will be available after September 29th.
Remember to talk to your friends and neighbors about the importance of this measure. There are some great letters to the editor that can be found on the Yes on 3A website. They are full of facts and insight that can help you refine your talking points.