Seventy percent of voters in our school district do not currently have children in school. That means a sizable portion of the population may not know that many of our schools need more room to educate the growing number of students or that many of our schools need replacements for outdated building systems including HVAC and electrical systems, plumbing and roofing.
A common question amongst voters is “What is in it for me if I don’t have kids in school?” Strong schools do more than educate. They
- impact the local economy
- affect property values
- attract business
- build community
- support public safety
In addition to communicating current facts to support informed decision making, GSV is committed to providing opportunities to participate in education funding decisions. With that in mind, we provide campaign related volunteer opportunities that are low in time commitment, yet yield long-term returns.
First up: Postcards! This is a perfect way to help from home. Sign up to receive a packet or two of postcards that will be mailed to voters. We provide the address list and sample messages. All you have to do is write them by hand, then we will stamp and mail them. Easy!
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Work a campaign information table
- Knock on doors to hand out campaign flyers alongside teachers and administrators
- Assemble yard signs to distribute to supporters
- Pick up a yard sign to display on your property
- Honk and wave during evening drive times at designated intersections on Oct 28 and/or Nov 4